The Daily Update Features Resources, News & How You Can Help Your Community.
- Stay Positive – “Happiness is the real sense of fulfillment that comes from hard work,” Joseph Barbara
- News At The Chamber – Cyber Security Awareness Training Series: Empowering the First Layer of Defense: Series presented by Cora Park, President/CEO, Diamond Business Communications. Starting on Thursday, August 19th, 12:30 PM…Click Here For Details
- News - New Jersey Community Stage Relief Grant Program Application Opens August 17: Venues, businesses, and sole proprietors that host, organize, promote, produce, or manage live events or performances can receive grants up to $300,000 through the program…Click Here for Details
- Resources – NJ’s COVID Waiver of Remote Worker Tax Rule Ending Oct. 1: The Division of Taxation announced this week that on Oct. 1 it will end the state’s temporary waiver of several pre-pandemic tax rules in a move that will affect employer income-tax withholding as well as New Jersey’s corporate business tax and sales taxes…Click Here For Details
- Support A Local Business – IRS Issues New Guidance on the Employee Retention Credit: On August 4, 2021, the IRS released Notice 2021-49 (the “Notice”), which includes 34 additional pages of guidance clarifying the application of the Employee Retention Credit (“ERC”)…Click Here For Details
- Featured Career Opportunity – 5 Numbers from July’s Jobs Report: The economy added 943,000 jobs in July, and the unemployment rate declined by 0.5 percentage point to 5.4%, as the nation continues to rebound from the coronavirus pandemic. The Bureau of Labor Statistics also reported that the number of unemployed people fell by 782,000 to 8.7 million…Click Here For Details
- 1Huddle Game of The Week – 1st Aid Tip – Poisoning: Emergencies strike when you least except it. Here is what to do if a co-worker or family member get sick from a poison. Watch the video and see if you can win the game for the day! Learning to save a life is as easy as clicking a button. Game Courtesy of Care 1st Training Group…Click Here To Request Access to The MCRCC 1Huddle App
- Virtual Programs – Hear Updates on Vaccine Tax Credits and PPP Forgiveness: The Biden Administration recently announced two updates to COVID-related programs that impact small businesses. First, the Administration is expanding the employer vaccine tax credit, and second, the SBA is streamlining PPP loan forgiveness. Which businesses qualify for these tax credits? What are next steps for business owners? Today at 1 PM…Click Here For Details
- Make A Difference – ‘Best Quarter Ever’ for Early-Stage Venture Capital: S startup investment boom across the U.S. shows no sign of slowing. The $150B invested so far this year shatters all previous records. It was “the best quarter ever” for early stage venture capital, according to a newly released AngelList report…Click Here For Details
- Questions of the Week: How does your time use typically vary? Are there busy and slow times or is it constant?
What Our Members Are Saying About The Daily Update?
About The Daily Update
“The Daily Update” is provided Courtesy of the Middlesex County Regional Chamber of Commerce, a self-funded 501c6 Non-Profit. Funding is provided through the Support of Our Members and Open For Business Sponsors.