Article Credit: New Brunswick City Market
New Brunswick City Center is here to support all of you as best as we can from maintaining the best practices given our current state of affairs to updating and preparing for the return of your patrons. We have compiled a few items we want to offer as promotional ideas for business.
FOOD DELIVERY APPS
Priority number 1 is getting your great services to the people. Delivery and takeout options may be new to a few of you, so here are the most popular services. Please note, most of them work off a split charge with restaurants, I.E., for an order, there is an extra delivery fee applied to and that fee is split between you & the program. You may also need a tablet or phone to operate from as they will send orders through their app/program.
- UberEats (iOS/Android)
- Grubhub (iOS/Android)
- Doordash (iOS/Android)
- EatStreet (iOS/Android)
- Postmates (iOS/Android)
- Instacart (iOS/Android)
- Delivery.com (iOS/Android)
- Seamless (iOS/Android)
- goPuff (iOS/Android)
- ChowNow (iOS)
A FEW SUGGESTIONS
- Design a price fixed menu each day to simplify service;
- Offer combo deals or discounts to entice buyers;
- Devise a buy one, get one offer;
- Don’t forget to offer drinks.
CLAIM YOUR BUSINESS
At no cost to you, it’s important to claim your business on at least these 3 sites. Claiming allows for you to make updates to your open and closing times, upload special photos and meals, update contact info, and respond to questions from patrons.
Have you ever searched for your business through Google, Google Maps, Google Home, Siri, or Alexa? This is where they received the info from, so make sure its correct and it’s yours.
MAINTAIN AN ACTIVE SOCIAL MEDIA PRESENCE
Staying active makes people aware that you’re still open for business, or lets them know where they can make a purchase that supports your business, be it gift cards, virtual happy hours, etc. We’ll share as best as we can what you post, especially if you tag us.
WHAT TO POST
Get creative, nearly any activity is better than none. Here are a few popular ideas:
- Showcase your extra cleaning process to make patrons safe;
- Have your chef do a “How To” video on cooking or preparing meals (keep it simple, don’t give away the secret recipes);
- Plan a Virtual Happy Hour (tips);
- Consider a Go Fund Me page;
- Create a Virtual Tip Jar;
- Promote that a % of the Sale of Gift Cards to go towards sustaining Staff;
- Thank those who have made orders or reviews (Yelp, Google, Facebook);
- Create a “Working From Home Photo Contest;” maybe the most creative “office” set up or table setting wins. Could offer a gift card, free meal, or BOGO, to the winner;
- Entice customers to register with you to know when you will reopen – and get a gift card;
- PAY IT FORWARD – If you are a business with a relationship with medical professionals, or essential businesses still working, consider this when taking phone orders; ask the customer if they would like to order an additional item, or gift card, maybe at a discount that you will deliver on their behalf. Example ‘Would you like to order an additional Pie to that order at a discount and we will deliver it to a medical office”.
- Encourage patrons to leave a positive message, shout out, or review on Yelp, Google, or your social pages, like Facebook;
- Promote purchasing a gift card now to drive revenue and for patrons to have an exciting dining experience later.
GIFT CARD PROMOTIONS
There are a few more Gift Card Promotion websites out there, each with their own web page signup. Here are some major ones:
- Beasley Media “Operation Gift Card”: WCTC and Magic 98.3
- Kabbage launched an online hub to help boost sales for U.S small businesses impacted by COVID-19, including a system through which businesses can sell gift cards to consumers for use at a later date.
- Gannett/USA Today, with more than 260 daily local media properties, is launching a nationwide effort to help communities support local small businesses during the coronavirus crisis. This new website allows users to select local businesses in their community to support by buying gift cards for use at a later time. Business owners can add their business to the platform.
- Edible Jersey has created a comprehensive list of takeout, delivery, and special information that restaurants, food, drink, and hospitality-related businesses are offering during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Help Main Street was created from Team Main Street and is providing a map display to find local businesses with 100% of proceeds going to you!
WE CAN DO THIS FOR YOU – Here’s what we need from you to make it happen:
- Business Full Name:
- Address (full & accurate address):
- Business Phone Number:
- Business Website Address:
- Gift Card Link:
- Take-out or pick-up menu options:
- Days/hours open for take-out or pick-up:
- Delivery service URL(‘s)(DoorDash, GrubHub, Yelp, etc.)*By submitting your information, you agree to allow City Market to provide your business contact for public information.