The Daily Update Features Resources, News & How You Can Help Your Community.
- Stay Positive – “If I put my problems on paper and then share them with someone that cares, I cut them in half. Conversely, if I share my joys I double them”, Kathleen B. Cashman-Walter
- News – Labor Department Implements Customer-Service, Tech Improvements to Address Historic Increase in Unemployment Claims – The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development (NJDOL) has made a series of moves – from upgrading computer technology to adding personnel and boosting phone capacity – to get unemployment claims processed faster and customers’ questions answered quicker…- Click Here For The Full Release
- Resources – Guidance For Independent Contractors – The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development (NJDOL) issued new guidance to help self-employed, independent contractors, gig workers, and platform workers learn about, and apply for, economic assistance. Assistance may be available to workers who are impacted by COVID-19 — but not eligible for regular unemployment insurance benefits — through two federal programs: Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) and possibly the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) – Click Here For More Information
- Virtual Event – The Digital Growth and Connections Virtual Networking Event – “You’ve Been……Retargeted!”: A live, interactive demonstration and discussion on retargeting practices by Kraus Marketing – Today, Thursday, April 16th at 11 AM – Click Here To Register
- Support a Local Business – Support Our Local Restaurants – Check Out the MCRCC & Go Central Jersey News – Click Here To Submit It
- Donate – Rotary Club of New Brunswick: Mask Makers and Bar Soaps Needed: Both hospitals in New Brunswick lack personal protective equipment for the fight against Covid19. If you can sew, you can help! Please join our team and begin sewing masks. Masks are needed in the hospitals and for recovering patients as they leave. Bar soaps are also needed to provide in the take home get-well package. Darleen Crowley is managing this project. Please email Darleen Crowley at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help. – Click Here To Donate
- Question of the Week: What you do now has an impact on your future. What are you doing to help make you better today?