About The Program
The Middlesex County Regional Chamber of Commerce Presents “American Rescue Plan Act Of 2021: Even More Financial Help Is Available, Here’s What You Need To Know” as part of the Chamber’s Workforce and Business Resources Series: Connecting You With What You Need to Know, Recorded on Tuesday, June 29th at 12:30 PM. The Program is Courtesy of The Human Resources and Government Affairs Committees.
Presented by: Argelys Morel, Account Manager Individual & Hispanic Markets, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
Video Segment: Intro & FAQ Questions Discussed:
1. When you have a coverage gap or pre-existing condition, can a consumer still enroll? What are the rules around acquiring coverage immediately?
2. What are the differences past vs current state of the federal and state subsidies for micro-businesses (i.e. small business owners, sole proprietorships, freelancers)?
3. If you are a small business owner, who is an existing marketplace consumer or did not qualify in the past for subsides should they contact their carrier to determine eligibility?
4. Individuals who are in transition of looking for a job, returning to a previous employer, or have recently been unemployed what the next steps on acquiring a health insurance plan.
5. How long does the ARPA subsidies last for the additional savings & coverage